Wednesday 6 February 2013

Kilver Court - A Retro Inspired Valentines Day

Kilver court has a range of retro pired cards and gifts
Feature by Monty Saul - Mrs Handbag

This  is your Buyer speaking....

Isn't it funny to discover what you want to be when you grow up, aged 59?

My career to date has either found me by chance; 'discovered' by a Vogue photographer to become a model, or been born from some business necessity where Roger has needed all hands to the pumps (sales assistant/customer service/quality control /HR director...

My current role as card and gift buyer for gift shop at Kilver Court has gradually evolved as we found that our customers seem to share my slightly wacky sense of humour.  Nothing gives me greater pleasure than to lurk in the shop, listening to customers comments and more often than not, hoots of laughter at either a very black humour card or one of my more ridiculous gifts - hankies with a sardine print or an up -cycled lamp topped with a neon pink net lampshade....

Kilver Court Cards
Talking of pink, it's that Valentine time of year again. I'll be in deep do-do from the team if I don't come up with some suggestions for extra special Valentine gifts for you.  Meanwhile Ladies, there’s a super deal for your men, in the Emporium - any Penrose shirt and tie for £85 (or you could give him a Trotters Independent Traders money box at £4.95 to save for your next holiday).

I can't imagine any men reading this (please let me know if you do) so Girls, I leave you to drop suitable, subtle hints re our Links of London jewellery - really dinky charms and super cool friendship bracelets (best worn in multiples, of course) or really indulgent cashmere pieces from Hawick or Goose....

So, tomorrow finds me donning my Buyers hat and trainers and heading off to the joys of the Birmingham NEC trade fair, to seek out more delights for you, my super-eclectic customer.
I'll keep you posted...
Montyx
(AKA Mrs Handbag)

modemajeure.blogspot.fr
Kilver Court blog
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Visiting

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...